Return to Website

Home Of The Big T Message board

Hello and Welcome to our NEW message board. Please feel free to post any questions or comments you might have here. We want to hear what's on your mind.

Home Of The Big T Message board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Special Forces Niagara Co. Sheriff's Dept.

It's been awhile now after Bills' passing and it appears that his webpage is getting traffic. With that in mind, I thought it might be time to give those who check in here an update specifically to the Niagara Co. Sheriff's Dept. Special Forces. (see www.ncsd.com)

As you may know, Bill formed the Special Forces unit of the Niagara Co. (NY) Sheriff's Dept. many years ago. Special Forces was primarily focused at Bloodound Man Trailing and later evolved to include other specialized units within the department. It was and still is an important volunteer unit utilizing Special Deputies. Just as Bill did for many years, these volunteers donate their time and money to the unit.

Special Forces, as a group, decided that we would continue on providing a resource to law enforcement. Sheriff Beilein has agreed and Special Forces is as active now as it has been in the past.

Special Forces currently has working canines for man trailing, cadaver, bomb detection, narcotics detection and arson detection. All members train at least weekly or more.

Those who knew Bill, knew that he had God given gifts. Bill had uncanny abilities to communicate with dogs, solve complex problems with simple solutions, verify results with scientific data, think beyond the norm, try new ideas, merge new technology with proven methods and give any idea a try. All while being kind and helpful to anyone he met.

While Special Forces will never come close to Bill's wisdom and common sense, we do read this forum and encourage you to post any thoughts or questions that you have in regard to canines and law enforcement. Maybe as a group, we can discuss, ideas, problems, methods, ect. and help each other out.

Stay safe and "Let's do it!"

Re: Special Forces Niagara Co. Sheriff's Dept.

Donnie,
So well put and as a member of the Special Forces and was Bill's working Partner for over 18 years I am glad that Special Forces will continue. I know we can't do the work Bill did but we can work to make him still proud of us. I know up to the time of his death he was very proud of the work we were all doing.
Bill will always be remembered.
Bruce