Return to Website

Home Of The Big T Message board

Hello and Welcome to our NEW message board. Please feel free to post any questions or comments you might have here. We want to hear what's on your mind.

Home Of The Big T Message board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: looking for SAR k9 group

Sorry Gayanna, We have a couple of problems we have to solve before I can help. You spoke of SAR. What do you want the dog to do. 1. Search for people (Trailing) 2. Search for people (wind scenting), 3. Be a cadaver dog (find bodies in shallow graves, underwater) 4 Do you want to work wildernes suburban, city work, etc. 2nd problem you said you wanted the trainer close by but you didn't say wear you live.

Bill Tolhurst

383 Willow St

Lockport, NY 1409

FAX 716-434-9952

Telephone 716-434-4126

EMail natalietol@aol.com

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I have a 4 month old lab who might be a good candidate for SAR training. I am looking for a SAR K9 group near to me where I can have him assessed, and if he has potential, work with training him. I have expereince in obedience training, but have never attempted search and rescue. Nice pup, seems to be "nosy", loves to go on walks over rough footing. Seems to be intelligent and willing (vs. my Corgi, who is VEY intelligent, and VERY bull headed!) Any help you could provide would be apprecitated. THANKS