Return to Website

Home Of The Big T Message board

Hello and Welcome to our NEW message board. Please feel free to post any questions or comments you might have here. We want to hear what's on your mind.

Home Of The Big T Message board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
No Subject

Happy to report that we had a successful find of a missing Hunter lost in the Dismal Swamp for 24 hours! Patton was able to determine a direction a travel, and went into the swamp as far as we could go, but had to stop due to the very thick brush. Helo was called back to site, and hunter was spotted about 1 mile further and deeper in the swamp from where we had to stop. Ground teams went in, and found him alive, and well. He was not able to be basket lifted due to the thickness of the brush. About 2 hours after recovery, teams emerged with the tired, scrated up young man, smiling widely!

I was very pleased on how my hound worked that difficult problem. About one mile into the swamp, he seemed to be in a very large scent pool,working hard, and kept looking up into the trees, and actually tried to climb one! I wasn't sure then what he was telling me, and later found out that the Hunter climbed the tree when earlier in the day he spotted the helo, and to escape bear.

Margie