Return to Website

Home Of The Big T Message board

Hello and Welcome to our NEW message board. Please feel free to post any questions or comments you might have here. We want to hear what's on your mind.

Home Of The Big T Message board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chapped Nose

One of my dogs has developed a chapped nose. Since she was young, her nose has always been dry on the bridge area. She always has access to clean water and her nose is moist around the nostrils. Lately the top bridge area has gotten worse. The bridge area is more chapped than usual. I have spoken to several vets about it. The general opinion is that some dogs have a dry nose in this area and that it is nothing to worry about. One vet suggested a regimen of vitamin E 400 units twice a day on an empty stomach. Results to be expected in about 2-3 months. I tried "bag balm" on it and she threw up both times, I suspect from licking it off. She is more tolerant of Vaseline - and if I use it 3 times a day the condition clears (almost) to normal. Does anyone have any experience with this type of condition? Any other suggestions or ideas? Thanks in advance. Steve