Return to Website

Home Of The Big T Message board

Hello and Welcome to our NEW message board. Please feel free to post any questions or comments you might have here. We want to hear what's on your mind.

Home Of The Big T Message board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: bloodhounds as a drug dog

Hi Mark,

There is not reason in my mind why a blodhound couldn't work narcatics. After all it's one of the best noses in the dog world.

However there are some problems that should be considered. Size for one thing. They will not be as comfortable on a conveyor belt as a much smaller, lighter more agile dog. As well as Vision they don't see like many of the other breeds. So considering they can do it I believe there are many more apropriate dogs that would do the job, faster, easier and believe BETTER than the bloodhound.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Dear Mr.Tolhurst, I am writing this letter in regards to your opinion to using a bloodhound for drug detection. I have been told that they're not capable of doing the job, due to the fact that they are not aggressive enough. At this time I have two bloodhounds that are used in search and rescue, I have found that they can be aggressive when the handler or they have been threatened. Thank you in advance. Mark Long