Return to Website

Home Of The Big T Message board

Hello and Welcome to our NEW message board. Please feel free to post any questions or comments you might have here. We want to hear what's on your mind.

Home Of The Big T Message board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: man scent blood hounds

TO STEVE & MARIE, I'M SORRY TO HEAR OF THE SITUATION WITH YOUR DAUGHTER. FOR THE PAST 40 YEARS I HAVE WORKED ON MANY OF THESE OF CASES. THEY ARE NEVER EASY TO DEAL WITH. MANTRAILING BLOODHOUNDS ARE THE VERY BEST TOOLS AVAILABLE FOR THESE KIND OF CASES. HOWEVER THERE ARE MANY THING THAT HAVE TO BE DONE BEFORE THESE ANIMALS HAVE A CHANCE TO PRODUCE. 1. SCENES HAVE TO BE PROPERLY PRESERVED.2. SCENT EVIDENCE MUST BE PROPERLY COLLECTED AND PRESERVED. 3. GET THE HOUNDS TO THE SCENE AS SOON AS POOIBLE. 4. THE TRAINING OF THE HOUND AND HANDLER IS CRUCIAL FOR SUCESS. YOUR QUESTION ABOUT SPECIAL WATER FOR BLOODHOUNDS? I BELIEVE WHAT WAS MEANT BY THE STATEMENT WAS IF A HOUND (OR A PERSON0 DRINKS WATER FROM DIFFERENT SOURCES IT SOMETIMES CAUSES STOMACH AND DISENTARY PROBLEMS. SO THEY PREFER TO USE WATER THEY BRING FROM HOME TO PREVENT THIS. YOUR OTHER QUESTION "WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP". IF YOU WILL SEND ME YOUR MAILING ADDRESS I WILL SEND YOU A COPY OF MY LATEST BOOK. IT WILL HELP YOU UNDERSTAND THE DOG'S SIDE OF THE CASE. BEST OF LUCK

BILL TOLHURST

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

We have someone here in Washington state that we flew out from Wisconsin to help us try to find our daughter who has been missing since July 2, 2001 as lost and endangered. How accurate are man scent hounds for this? What if anything can we as parents do to make things go smoother not only for the dog but also the ownew? And is it true that the hounds require a certain type of water and if so how can we get some donated for this dog?