Return to Website

Home Of The Big T Message board

Hello and Welcome to our NEW message board. Please feel free to post any questions or comments you might have here. We want to hear what's on your mind.

Home Of The Big T Message board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
jails

Hi Bill I was wondering about something. For someone that is a bloodhound handler for a prison, do you think it would be a good idea to have sent pads made of all the inmates? That way if one escapes we would be ready to go A.S.A.P. Of course I realize this would mean we would have to have a sent bank. Please tell me your advise on this.
Thanks for your time
MIKE

Re: jails

Hi Mike,
There would be definate advantages in having pads available in the case of a break.
In the case of a break where you have more that one bloodhound team these pads could be cut in quarters (5"x9" STU 100 pads). Then each team would have fresh scent material, for a long haul a sterile extra pad could be put in each bag with the original pad so that fresh scent maaterial could be available.
I wouldn't think every inmate would have to have pads made just the high risk ones.
If the pads were properly made and handled for instance by puting them in zip-lock bags then puting them in KAPak Bags and heat sealed shut that should be sufficient for long term storage.
I have held pads just in zip-lock bags for eleven (11) years and had good finds from them.
However I worked one case where a shirt taken from the escapee's cell actually was a shirt passed down from another prisoner's cell purposely given to us to to confuse the hounds by giving us the wrong scent material.
It might be a good idea to make these pads as part of the booking in process. Put them in KA-Pak bags and keep them in with his own clothes or items you take from him.
Then kept some place where they would be available on short order.
Good Luck,
Bill T.

Re: Re: jails

Bill would these pads then have to be frozen after they have been sealed? Also would you just make the pads from their clothes or would I make them right off of the individual?

Re: Re: Re: jails

Bill's answer on you e-mail