Return to Website

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board

Are you new to homeschooling and have a question ? Are you new to eastern CT and want to connect with other homeschoolers ? Are you a current CHEER homeschooler, who can offer support to others on the forum ? Here's a place for you to post. Please note: No flaming; no advertisements. Thank you.

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
STEMfems event for "grades" 6-8 (ages 9 - 13)

Good afternoon,

Please accept my apology for jumping on your messageboard. This will be a one-time post.

I am the programs coordinator for the Connecticut Women's Hall of Fame.

On Wednesday, May 8, we are hosting our annual "STEMfems" event at BioCT Innovation Commons in Groton for area 6th- to -8th grade girls from 9am - 1:30pm. This event is FREE, but you do need to provide your own transportation and nut-free lunch.

Due to having a local public school drop out at the last minute, I have room for up to 30 girls to participate in three hands-on STEM workshops. Our community partners, including Pfizer, LBI Fiberglass, Medtronic, and others, will work with the girls to teach and inspire them.

I do need to know asap if you would like your daughter to attend. We ask that a parent stay onsite in case of emergency. Unfortunately, we also ask that younger siblings stay at home as the building is a laboratory and office space.

To sign up or for more information, please email Tina Carlson at tinac@cwhf.org or call 203.392.9008.

This offer closes on Friday, May 3, 2019