Return to Website

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board

Are you new to homeschooling and have a question ? Are you new to eastern CT and want to connect with other homeschoolers ? Are you a current CHEER homeschooler, who can offer support to others on the forum ? Here's a place for you to post. Please note: No flaming; no advertisements. Thank you.

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Support groups? Co-ops?

I live in Salem. I am not part of a group, per se, but could be a voice to offset those that are pressuring you :)
I currently have a son that is 5 as well as one that is 3 and 4 older ones as well. We have always homeschooled. We could talk about things in the area and just feel a bolster of support. YOU CAN DO IT! Don't be discouraged! Whatever direction you are leaning is because you know your child best. Easypeasy homeschool is free online and takes about an hour a day and will systematically cover the bases for you, making it easy to work in around play. My friend just started homeschooling as well after her son suffered in half-day kindergarten for almost the whole year. They are using this curriculum and he is loving learning again...without the pressure of being tied to a chair for so long and trying to learn things that he is just not ready for.