Return to Website

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board

Are you new to homeschooling and have a question ? Are you new to eastern CT and want to connect with other homeschoolers ? Are you a current CHEER homeschooler, who can offer support to others on the forum ? Here's a place for you to post. Please note: No flaming; no advertisements. Thank you.

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
groups in the Norwich area for younger kiddos (K, 1, 2)?

My daughter will be five next fall and I'm seriously considering homeschooling. I worked in public education for almost 20 years and am very disappointed by the state of it. I am looking into options, and I love the idea of homeschooling, but I don't want it to be just me and my daughter every day. I'd love to be part of a homeschooling group or community, where my child may learn from other people/parents who have strengths in some areas, and I can help out as well in the areas I feel I am best suited to teach. Are there any groups/organizations out there which offer this opportunity? I heard that Norwich is trying to start a coop but beyond that ("trying to start"), I have nothing else to go on. It seems like CHEER is a great start, but I'm really looking for a more local group to "school" with. I'm outside of norwich, towards colchester, and don't mind traveling a little. I should also add that I don't want to do a Christian-based curriculum or have any association with religion. Just looking for an alternative to public ed. Thanks for any help.

Re: groups in the Norwich area for younger kiddos (K, 1, 2)?

Hello,
I also have a daughter turning 5 and was wondering the same thing. I live in Colchester. Would you like to meet up sometime? We love making new friends! :)