Return to Website

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board

Are you new to homeschooling and have a question ? Are you new to eastern CT and want to connect with other homeschoolers ? Are you a current CHEER homeschooler, who can offer support to others on the forum ? Here's a place for you to post. Please note: No flaming; no advertisements. Thank you.

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
UCONN KIDS

Hello homeschoolers,

I am from the UCONN KIDS organization, which stands for Kids in Developmental Science. We bring kids onsite to UCONN campus (and travel offsite to schools and daycares) to work with kids in support of research projects.

I was wondering if we might be able to partner. I thought it could be a good field trip perhaps, to come to UCONN and have students participate in a research project and then attend a presentation from one of the researchers about a cool research project they’ve done.

Most of the research projects are about things like how kids acquire and use language, attention and preferences, how kids might approach solving a puzzle, or social things like taking turns or initiating into large group play. Some of the researchers have great posters from past projects, with images, graphs and charts etc, that would be cool for the kids to look at and hear about. Of course we would make it age appropriate for any group that came by.

It can be informative and perhaps inspiring to any kids that are interested in science. Plus we have goodies like t-shirts or coupons for free ice cream at the dairy bar. Also, it is a good way to give back to the community, since the research done helps to support new development of behavioral therapies in the field.

Feel free to check out our website: Kids.uconn.edu

And feel free to reach out if you think we could partner together.
Regards,
Brandy Ciraldo
Child Research Recruitment Coordinator
UConn K.I.D.S (Kids in Developmental Science)
www.kids.uconn.edu
860-486-3820