Return to Website

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board

Are you new to homeschooling and have a question ? Are you new to eastern CT and want to connect with other homeschoolers ? Are you a current CHEER homeschooler, who can offer support to others on the forum ? Here's a place for you to post. Please note: No flaming; no advertisements. Thank you.

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Field Trip Invitation to Hartford Stage Student Matinees

I would like to extend an invitation to all homeschool families to take a field trip with your students to Tony Award-winning Hartford Stage. There are still tickets remaining to a few performances of our two remaining student matinee shows, "The Pianist of Willesden Lane" and "Kiss Me, Kate." Both shows are wonderful learning opportunities for young people.

"The Pianist of Willesden Lane" is the true story of a young Jewish musician who escaped Nazi-ruled Vienna via Kindertransport. Living in London during the Blitz, she lived with other war orphans who rallied around her and helped her pursue her dream of becoming a famous concert pianist. Piano virtuoso Mona Golabek performs some of the world's most beautiful music as she shares her own mother's riveting story of survival. Seats are available at the 10:30 am student matinee performances on Thursday, April 9 and Tuesday, April 21.

"Kiss Me, Kate" is Cole Porter's joyful and high-spirited musical comedy, which follows the backstage antics of a touring company performing a musical version of Shakespeare's "The Taming of the Shrew." Featuring such classic tunes as "Another Op'nin,' Another Show," "Too Darn Hot," "Wunderbar," "So In Love," and "Brush Up Your Shakespeare," and directed by Tony Award-winner Darko Tresnjak (2014 Best Director of a Musical), this is a production not to be missed! Seats are available at the 10:30 am student matinee on Wednesday, May 27.

For more information on these productions, please visit http://www.hartfordstage.org/educati…/…/main-stage-programs/ , call (860) 520-7244, or email Erin Frederick, our Student Matinee Coordinator, at efrederick@hartfordstage.org. Hope to see you at the theatre!