Return to Website

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board

Are you new to homeschooling and have a question ? Are you new to eastern CT and want to connect with other homeschoolers ? Are you a current CHEER homeschooler, who can offer support to others on the forum ? Here's a place for you to post. Please note: No flaming; no advertisements. Thank you.

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New to Homeschooling

I am homeschooling a six yr old and 13 yr old. My daughter is in a gymnastics class at Patti Dunne's Gymnastics there in Hebron where today she met a new friend her age who is also being homeschooled. We also find great programs, classes, activities, etc. at the Mansfield Community Center. Even the UCONN community school of the arts. Depending what your daughter is interested in there are great resources out there. We visit lots of museums, and some have kids clubs. Libraries do a lot too. My kids are part of a wonderful colonial history club at the Noah Webster house in West Hartford called Noah's New Americans. They love it! Take your time putting together what works for your family, but be encouraged; there is a lot of opportunity out there! Maybe we'll see you at some of these activities. Enjoy!

Hi Stephanie,

I just pulled my 6 year old daughter out of school this past month too and was wondering if you found anything specific to homeschoolers in the area?? I heard Bolton Ice Palace does an ice skating class for homeschoolers. My daughter won't go anywhere without me though so I have to find someting that I can go to too.

Denise

Hello!!! I am not new to Homeschooling however, I am new to joining homeschooling groups so I\'ll be looking to hear from CT Cheer about different events. My son and I are from Vernon and the only means of transporation is public. Sometimes my husband may be able to drop us off. Depending on where the event is.

Hi i have a 5 year old gi, just moved to new london. She would love to play and learn!

We have a 5 yr old son we just pulled from public school. He has autism. He is at grade level. We would love to meet other families. We are near Canterbury.

Great ideas!