Return to Website

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board

Are you new to homeschooling and have a question ? Are you new to eastern CT and want to connect with other homeschoolers ? Are you a current CHEER homeschooler, who can offer support to others on the forum ? Here's a place for you to post. Please note: No flaming; no advertisements. Thank you.

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
got a question for you homeschooling veterans???

I am going to be moving to CT soon and I've been seriously considering homeschooling him when we move I was wondering since he has been enrolled in a school system before do I have to get any forms or submit any letters to homeschool him when we move?

Re: got a question for you homeschooling veterans???

I'm sure you found out already that one of the only great things about CT government is minimal paperwork with homeschooling. If your child is already enrolled, simply ask the district for the form to fill out, or submit your own with child's name, parents' name and state your intent to homeschool in all subjects. The district and state have no right to have you file further paperwork or ask for "portfolio meetings" yearly. You are free to educate your own child, as it should be.