Return to Website

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board

Are you new to homeschooling and have a question ? Are you new to eastern CT and want to connect with other homeschoolers ? Are you a current CHEER homeschooler, who can offer support to others on the forum ? Here's a place for you to post. Please note: No flaming; no advertisements. Thank you.

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
new to homeschooling in Colchester

Hi-- my husband and I work afternoon and evening hours, and are looking to join group learning activities or group social activities during the day. Our daughter is 7, and son is 5 1/2. we also have an almost 3 year old and almost 1 year old. We are going to be using the Well Trained Child book as a guide to classical homeschooling. we love nature, art, playgrounds, and have lots of energy. we are very motivated to find new friends for our kids because their old school friends are so busy with school and homework that its very difficult to plan playtimes. looking forward to meeting a group of homeschoolers! Sally

Re: new to homeschooling in Colchester

There is a homeschool group in Norwich called Norwich Area Homeschoolers as well as one in Mystic. We just joined the 4-H group in Norwich.

There is lt lots near colchester, check ct cheer yahoo group for activities

We are new to homeschooling we have a 5 yr old with autism. we are looking for families for social and academic activities. Our son is at grade level with minimal signs of autism. I have looked for the homeschool group near Norwich. Can someone provide contact info please?

Hello,
We just moved from California to Scotland, Connecticut and have been homeschooling our 7 year old son for 2 years (going on 3). Would love to know of anything you have found and I will let you know the same.
Thanks, Mary