Return to Website

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board

Are you new to homeschooling and have a question ? Are you new to eastern CT and want to connect with other homeschoolers ? Are you a current CHEER homeschooler, who can offer support to others on the forum ? Here's a place for you to post. Please note: No flaming; no advertisements. Thank you.

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New to Groton, New to Homeschool

We just moved here from San Diego two months ago. We started homeschooling this year and are looking for people to meet in the Groton/New London area. I homeschool three boys ages 15, 13, and 9.

Re: New to Groton, New to Homeschool

We moved to ct from las vegas a few months ago and are staying in a vacation rental in niantic but we are looking at moving to your area withinby the summer hopefully sooner. Are you a military family? My nephew is staioned in san diego. my kids are 17 12 4 and 2

Hello,
We live in Montville, not to far from Groton. I have two boys whom I homeschool 9 and 3. My 9yr old is definitely looking for some boys to play with in the area. Perhaps a park date soon?

Did you find a homeschool group? We live near Norwich and are military. My son will be 9 in August and am looking for a group to connect with.

Re: New to Groton, New to Homeschool - a link to an additional local site w homeschool opportunties

'Hope you are enjoying your time in CT - that was a big jump! A (very late!) and hearty welcome to you & your family!

I hope you've found some good home school camaraderie in the first half of the year! There's a pretty good-sized community in Southeastern CT - with several coops & support networks for various different philosophies.

We have an 18-year daughter old now at school, and a 14 yo who is still exploring his homeschool horizons...! We try to support homeschooling in as much as possible, statewide & everywhere! ;0) So, to add to the many great postings on this group board, we maintain an informal website with a more New London County-specific message board that is kept fairly up-to-date with local opportunities, if you are still looking for ideas this fall.
Please feel free to visit:
https://classicalcommunity.shutterfly.com/
It's an open/public site. If you wish to receive notices when new postings are put up, feel free to request 'membership'!