Return to Website

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board

Are you new to homeschooling and have a question ? Are you new to eastern CT and want to connect with other homeschoolers ? Are you a current CHEER homeschooler, who can offer support to others on the forum ? Here's a place for you to post. Please note: No flaming; no advertisements. Thank you.

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
new to connecticut, if i have never been a part of the school system here .....

Do I need to do the whole letter of intent thing? My son had been going to connections in nevada and we are thinking of homeschooling now that we are in ct, but im not sure how to go about that.

Re: new to connecticut, if i have never been a part of the school system here .....

Delma, I don't think you need to file a letter of intent. I believe it is only required if you are removing your child from the CT school system. Try the homeschool legal defense website for a link to the CT guidelines. My son was never enrolled in CT public school and I have not filed a letter of intent in my town, with no problems in three years. Best of luck.

Re: new to connecticut, if i have never been a part of the school system here .....

Thank you so much I appreciate your help sorry it took so long to respond but i couldnt remember the name of this website and had a horrible time finding it again. Is their yearly testing that the kids will need to participate in?