Return to Website

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board

Are you new to homeschooling and have a question ? Are you new to eastern CT and want to connect with other homeschoolers ? Are you a current CHEER homeschooler, who can offer support to others on the forum ? Here's a place for you to post. Please note: No flaming; no advertisements. Thank you.

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Homeschooling families near Glastonbury

I too have been considering homeschooling for several years, and have 7-, 4- and 2 1/2-year-old sons. I live in South Windsor, and would love to get together with other families considering this path, or who have already committed to it.

My daughter turned four this summer and we are also interested in homeschooling. I also have a son who will be two in October. We live in Manchester. My husband is a doctoral student at UConn, and I stay home with my kiddos. We'd love to get together with some homeschooling families to make friends and learn more from those who are also interested in (or already) homeschooling.

We're new to homeschooling too and are in Ellington. My daughter just turned 6 and my son is 3 1/2.

I know this is kinda old but I'm in Manchester. New to homeschooling. My daughter is 5 1/2 (6 this Dec) starting K this fall (2013/2014) and my son is 3 1/2 starting pre-k. We'd love to meet at a park over the summer to connect the kids :-) for a playdate. We're at wholefoods in Glastonbury least once a week or we can meet up any park in Manchester surrounding area.

We're still interested in homeschooling, and would also love to meet up. (posted earlier in this thread)

Is there a way to private message to set something up with anyone interested in the area?

I'm also still interested. My daughter is turning 5 this summer, and my son is 2.5. We're in Manchester as well. A park date sounds fun. :-)

Anyone want to meet up this Saturday (June 22nd) at NorthWest Park in Manchester say 10 am?? (weather permitting) Its a great park for all aged kids. I can put a name tag on or something similar and write "CHEER" on it to identify myself. No one else will likely understand. This way you know how to find me. Let me know.
{I've no idea how to "private msg" on this thing I'm new here}

Oh I'd really like to get together with everyone too! Unfortunately I work on weekends though. But if anyone wanted to do something on a weekday I'd be all for it! I noticed the link to e-mail everyone and sent e-mails so I hope it works out :)

We'd love to meet up at the park on Saturday. We're also open to a weekday meeting as well, Michelle.

We too can meet this weekend, and also during the week -- Michelle, I emailed you back.

Hi Kristin-- I saw your message from last year, and I'm in Colchester, and we just started homeschooling this year. my daughter is 7, son 5.5, daughter almost 3, and son almost one. We want some kids to play and learn with. would love to talk more! Sally

I know this thread is old, but we too are thinking of homeschooling. Our daughter is only one, but we thought it might be helpful to begin coming to events and social get togethers early to get to know people and learn more about the process. We are in Marlborough. Since the beginning of this thread has anyone gotten together or either social or education purposes? Where does everyone meet?

Hi Kathleen,

We're just finally starting as well after the Christmas break (3 sons 8, 5 and 3).

We have begun making contacts throught the Tolland County Homeschooling group on Facebook.

Ann

Thanks! We just joined the Facebook group to find out more! Do you have a favorite activity that this group does?