Return to Website

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board

Are you new to homeschooling and have a question ? Are you new to eastern CT and want to connect with other homeschoolers ? Are you a current CHEER homeschooler, who can offer support to others on the forum ? Here's a place for you to post. Please note: No flaming; no advertisements. Thank you.

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: college at young ages

Hi Lisa,

A few things ...
what college are you talking about ? I would have to double check my accuracy, but I don't believe that they can refuse entrance based on age. It should be based on ability.

I know there are plenty of colleges in CT that welcome 'young' children in college. I have four so far, that have done early entry; the youngest of which was 13 (she's 14 now). It wasn't any problem at all.

Manchester Community College and Quinebaug Valley C.C. (QVCC) are both good ones in that regard.

What part of the state are you in ? I'm working with someone from QVCC who is going to be speaking to a group of homeschoolers about entering college at QVCC and other services they have to offer. If you are in this area, you might be interested in attending when the details get planned.

Diane