Return to Website

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board

Are you new to homeschooling and have a question ? Are you new to eastern CT and want to connect with other homeschoolers ? Are you a current CHEER homeschooler, who can offer support to others on the forum ? Here's a place for you to post. Please note: No flaming; no advertisements. Thank you.

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
hospitality sought

Hi folks,

We are a homeschooling family with 7 kids in upstate NY. My husband and I are planning to attend the homeschooling convention June 14-16 in Hartford, and as you can imagine, with 7 kids and one income, we are always pinching pennies. I'm contacting you to see if I could possibly find a family (homeschooling or not) who might be willing to give my husband and me a bed/couch/spot-on-the-floor for Thursday and Friday nights (and a shower in the mornings!). We're trying to find a way to avoid the costs of a hotel. I know this is a lot to ask, for someone to open their home to strangers, but I'm hoping to find a family with a generous soul, I guess! In exchange, we would be happy to welcome the family some time this summer to come to our house in Saratoga Springs, where many people like to come see the horse racing in August, or to enjoy nearby Lake George and the Adirondacks. They could even bring their kids - we have a big air-conditioned house, and we would go stay with family nearby, so they could have the whole house to themselves for a couple days.

If you could pass this request on to friends, acquaintances, and/or any homeschooling groups you know of, anywhere near Hartford (within an hour), we'd be very grateful. They could contact us directly at this email, or by phone (518) 583-1154.

Thanks so much for your consideration,

John and Lisa Wilkerson
former leaders of Saratoga Chapter of NYS LEAH (Loving Education At Home)