Return to Website

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board

Are you new to homeschooling and have a question ? Are you new to eastern CT and want to connect with other homeschoolers ? Are you a current CHEER homeschooler, who can offer support to others on the forum ? Here's a place for you to post. Please note: No flaming; no advertisements. Thank you.

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for homeschoolers Willington and surrounding areas

I am new to homeschooling but extremely dedicated. I have a 4 1/2 yr (turns 5 in the fall) daughter; I am mainly a stay-at-home mom, but I do occassionally work outside the home when time permits.

I have met many great homeschooling parents who have given me such encouragement and amazing resources, but I would like to form a lasting connection to parents and their children in my area for group activities. Whether it be field trips, library days, outdoor schooling days, play dates, or other activities.

It seems I have a hiccup in connections because I am not a Christian and I hope that doesn't alienate me from the homeschooling community. I have no issues with Christian homeschoolers at all but I was hoping that doesn't mean we can't be friends if I am not Christian. I certainly could be getting the wrong message, I hope I am. I am optimistic that it is a matter of people are really too busy or there is miscommunication.

Either way, my husband and I are so thrilled to have made this choice for our daughter. It just feels so right! :D

Re: Looking for homeschoolers Willington and surrounding areas

There are many families who will openly accept you if you are not christian. Doesn't seem very christian of people to be unaccepting...that's confusing to me. Anyway, I assure you there are warm and welcoming people in the homeschooling who are of other faiths, or perhaps no faith at all. You are far from alone. Statistics have shown that the number TWO reason that people homeschool is religion; the number ONE reason is that they feel they can do a better job educating their children via homeschooling. Thought you might enjoy that fact.

If you have not already done so, go to the CHEER "join" page. If you have done so and have not received a reply, you may have filled out the fields incorrectly. If you need assistance, please email me at

Diane
DrMomOfTen@hotmail.com