Return to Website

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board

Are you new to homeschooling and have a question ? Are you new to eastern CT and want to connect with other homeschoolers ? Are you a current CHEER homeschooler, who can offer support to others on the forum ? Here's a place for you to post. Please note: No flaming; no advertisements. Thank you.

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
first time here i need help.

hello all my name is christin and i have three children that only one will be homeschooled. i enterd her into headstsart in east hartford and they kiked her out because of lack of transportation and i just gave birth to my now 6 month old child. i would love to homeschool her here with us but dont know where to start can you please give me some steps to work with so i can start homeschooling her i have that latter you need for the bored of ed but i was reading that they dont need that paper for children under 7 so if anyone can help me get started that would be great thank you very much.

Re: first time here i need help.

If it were me, I would start with what your little girl likes doing. For my girls, I got a bunch of work books because they love work pages. Something is better then nothing until you figure out what direction you want to go with it. (co-op, purchase curriculum, create a curriculum, and so on) Young kids learn from everything, and so everything can be a learning experience. Our personal choice was to purchase a curriculum for Kindergarten, but prior to that, was just fun learning through everyday, and a few work pages, some story time. as for the notice of intent, if you have enrolled her already, it would probably be courteous to do so, but if I understand the laws correctly, its not required by law. Just keep her work pages and samples of what she is doing so you can prove her development if they get testy with you. I have no idea what the schools in your area react like, so I am not really a good source on that front. Good luck and have fun!