Return to Website

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board

Are you new to homeschooling and have a question ? Are you new to eastern CT and want to connect with other homeschoolers ? Are you a current CHEER homeschooler, who can offer support to others on the forum ? Here's a place for you to post. Please note: No flaming; no advertisements. Thank you.

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HELP PLEASE!!!!

I need someone to help me! I just recently started home schooling two of my kids ages 15 and 9. I wrote a letter to my superintendent letting her know of my intentions. She just called my home and told me that she is going to send me two forms, one being an notice of intent, that they would need to make sure that I am doing the requirements. I live in Coventry, CT. She referenced some law passed in July of this year, but I read it and it sounds to me that it only applies if your child is dropping out for good?? Can someone help me please?

Re: HELP PLEASE!!!!

Hi Tracy,

Did you get this situation resolved ? It doesn't sound correct that a law passed stating you have to do anything different based on whether or not your're withdrawing your child for good.

If you still want to chat about it send me an email.