Return to Website

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board

Are you new to homeschooling and have a question ? Are you new to eastern CT and want to connect with other homeschoolers ? Are you a current CHEER homeschooler, who can offer support to others on the forum ? Here's a place for you to post. Please note: No flaming; no advertisements. Thank you.

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need help!!!!!!!

I went to my sons high school just today and verbally told them my intent to home school my 10th grader. They tried to talk me out of it, but I told them I had already made my decision. The guidance counselor then told me that the principal likes to meet with parents like myself to discuss it. So she called me and continued to try and talk me out of it and question me? I told her the same thing I had just told the guidance counselor. She then said that I needed to fill out paperwork for homeschooling and that there is a new law in CT that as of July, 2011 a child cannot withdraw from school until the child is 17, but then muttered something about "my prerogative to home school"??? Can someone please help me?? Can they make me legally fill out paperwork for homeschooling???