Return to Website

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board

Are you new to homeschooling and have a question ? Are you new to eastern CT and want to connect with other homeschoolers ? Are you a current CHEER homeschooler, who can offer support to others on the forum ? Here's a place for you to post. Please note: No flaming; no advertisements. Thank you.

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
needs some help!!

struggling with the homeschooling, anyone out there with advice and ideas? time management is an issue as well as keeping the motivation.

Re: needs some help!!

I dont know if I can help but I am in Groton. Feel free to email me npadro@yahoo.com we have only been HS for a few months and find that it has its up days and down days.

Serina,

Have you looked into using "workboxes" in your homeschool ? Based on what you said, you might find that a good system to use. It can be fun and keep everyone on task.

You can google "workbox homeschooling" and get a lot of info !

I know that when I first started homeschooling trying to get the schedules of two different kids and then later three when we adopted, could be kind of crazy! I found that doing the more non-leveled subjects together, such as Science and History was much easier. Then their other subjects are in their own individual boxes that they take out to work on and I am available for help as is the older one to help the younger ones. Where do you live? How old are your kids?