Return to Website

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board

Are you new to homeschooling and have a question ? Are you new to eastern CT and want to connect with other homeschoolers ? Are you a current CHEER homeschooler, who can offer support to others on the forum ? Here's a place for you to post. Please note: No flaming; no advertisements. Thank you.

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need advice

I am so confused! Not by my choice to homeschool, but by my husband! About 6 months ago, we nonchalantly discussed our interest to homeschool our son, and I figured,"Well I went to public school, so I know about that already" and I began reading homeschooling books to educate myself to see if I really thought it was something I could handle. Now I am even more convinced my decision is the right one for us. Well, tonight my husband and I went out with our son and began talking about it again and it was as if I was talking to a different person. He was beginning to sound like all the skeptics I had read about in the books. I gave some of my arguements and he kept right on going. I'm so discouraged now, because I thought I had a teammate and now I feel like he's my very own opponant. It's frustrating because I've done all the reading, and I felt that if he was really going to "think" about it, he would have read at least one book to argue with or against me on this issue. Now I feel he's going to fight me on this decision. I almost wnder if he discussed homeschooling with someone else, and they fueled the fire! I just need advice and perhaps someone that lives in the Colchester/Amston/Hebron area that I could meet with and share views and ides with! Help