Return to Website

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board

Are you new to homeschooling and have a question ? Are you new to eastern CT and want to connect with other homeschoolers ? Are you a current CHEER homeschooler, who can offer support to others on the forum ? Here's a place for you to post. Please note: No flaming; no advertisements. Thank you.

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
lego robotics

Hi. Does anyone know where my 9 yr. old could get involved in lego robotics?

Re: lego robotics

Dear Synje,

Hello, my name is Andrew Escalera. I saw your posting inquiring about lego robotics and would like to share some helpful and interesting information. I work with Play-Well TEKnologies, an education-based program that focuses on teaching engineering to kids using LEGO's as the teaching medium. We focus on problem-solving skills, creative expression and the general understanding for how things work - machines, robotics, and even architecture. Please check out our website at www.play-well.org and feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns at Andrew@Play-Well.org

Sincerely,
Andrew Escalera

Re: lego robotics

We just read in the local paper that a Colchester team made the Lego Robotics state finals which are being held at Central Connecticut State University on Sunday Dec. 11th. We are going to check it out for a couple of hours as this is something the boys might want to get involved in. For anyone who is interested, the schedule for the day is here:

http://www.teched.ccsu.edu/fll/tournament-details.htm

Maybe we'll see some of you there!

Maria