Return to Website

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board

Are you new to homeschooling and have a question ? Are you new to eastern CT and want to connect with other homeschoolers ? Are you a current CHEER homeschooler, who can offer support to others on the forum ? Here's a place for you to post. Please note: No flaming; no advertisements. Thank you.

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New to NE CT, Homeschooler looking for group who meets for kids to play/crafts

We moved here about 6 months ago, I am from Newtown, CT and am unfamiliar with NE CT - I get lost waay too easily around here. I am trying to find a group of k thru 2nd or 3rd grade parents who are interested in meeting once or twice a week to let the kids have a "gym" class kind of thing, or crafts even - there are so many different things we could do. Just letting them run around at the best park close to us and then having hot coco and smores after would be great fun for them and a little decompression time for us, the parents. I do not know many people in this area yet - but I am pretty good at sizing up crazies - so please, only the sane crazies may apply.

That is one of the reasons I had for pulling my son out of the PS system here, and oddly enough - though Bless Her for her insight and understanding, my kids Doc applauded me for doing it, seems she had problems too w/the local PS system.

But now - we need to have outlets - at this age there is still alot of parallel play - but more interaction than in kindergarden, an hour or two at the duckpin lanes or something would be great fun twice a month - plus other stuff - please respond on this site and I will do the same and when we feel comfortable we can e-mail or call to set it all up - but I have no problem being the ringleader in this, it's a job that comes naturally to me as a nurse always in overcrowded insane situations. Please do contact me, it will be good for all of us - we can make it work into our busy schedules, even taking group field trips to museums and such - we'll get the lowered group/school rates, even for free.

Anyone interested in getting out of the house for fun? I would also like to arrange a ski school group during the week at someplace local once the season kicks in - we did it in MA and the little ones (3 through 5) took to it like fish to water, and it's cheaper the more families and kids sign up. Lets do this, ok?

I hope to hear from someone, lots of them soon, thanks!

PS - I WILL NEVER TRY TO SELL ANYONE ANYTHING THAT DOES NOT CONCERN HAVING A GOOD TIME OUT FOR THE DAY WITH OUR KIDS, NO TUPPERWARE - NO PAMPERED DANGED CHEF (WE'RE MILITARY - SO I KNOW ALL @ THAT JUNK) IT IS ALL ABOUT THE KIDS MAKING FRIENDS TOGETHER, AND THE GROWN UPS HAVING THE CHANCE TO VENT AND LAUGH - OKAY?

THANKS FOR LISTENING, HOPE SOMEONE RESPONDS.

-RUTHIE D.

Re: New to NE CT, Homeschooler looking for group who meets for kids to play/crafts

hello, I am aware that you sent this message awhile ago, but I thought I would reply just the same. Where is Newtown? I am in Canterbury and I have just began my homeschool journey. I have a 7 year old daughter that loves to get together with other kids!