Return to Website

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board

Are you new to homeschooling and have a question ? Are you new to eastern CT and want to connect with other homeschoolers ? Are you a current CHEER homeschooler, who can offer support to others on the forum ? Here's a place for you to post. Please note: No flaming; no advertisements. Thank you.

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help

I am having a problem with installing the 2004 Switched on Schoolhouse application disk onto my computer. AOP does not offer support for this version, and the website does not tell me any more than that I have to bypass and install the components manually. The following is what I get:

Error 643 on Flash or Shockwave

If you already installed Flash & Shockwave, then the problem is with what the MainSetup program is trying to do. The newer adobe versions were not written so the older Macromedia versions could recognize them so they try to install an older version over the newer. What you will need to do is bypass the setup by installing the remaining parts of SOS manually.

SOS 2007 and older
If you have the 2007 or older version version of SOS, follow the steps here.

When I click the highlighted "here", I get an error message and then I do a keyword search and nada. I am losing my mind. I just bought this program for over a $100 dollars and I need to get this set up.

Has anybody run into this problem and can you help me?