Return to Website

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board

Are you new to homeschooling and have a question ? Are you new to eastern CT and want to connect with other homeschoolers ? Are you a current CHEER homeschooler, who can offer support to others on the forum ? Here's a place for you to post. Please note: No flaming; no advertisements. Thank you.

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
withdrawing from school

hi,
i just officially w/drew my child from school,
she will be finishing out her school year , per her request, she is in part time K,
i am so happy w/ our decision, but i do have butterflies at the momment,
has anyone else experienced this,
the excitement and nervousnes??
thanks
el

Re: withdrawing from school

How did the school take it? We have not formally told the school yet, but I think that the kids have said some things pertaining to the idea. Part of me just wants to walk away and not tell. But I guess I will have to say something at some point!! Good luck with your adventure! Maybe we can hook up sometime!

Sherri Thomas

Re: withdrawing from school

Hi Ellen,

Your feelings sound quite normal for a mom starting to homeschool. It's a big decision, and one that puts you in a position of accepting a lot of responsibility. It reminds me of when we are expecting our children. While we're carrying them (or perhaps waiting to adopt them), we are all jittery with the excitement of anticipation while we're also nervous about our ability to do a good job with something so unknown to us.

But, in either case, we have the promise of those who have gone before us. Every year, we all have the option of homeschooling, public or private schooling. It's a very personal, family decision. Some families choose to do both, since some children need different things.

There is plenty of support available, tons of resources (there is plenty right on this website and there are zillions of others).

Consider your options about where and how you want to get started, and just make that first step forward. If it helps you to look at a Scope & Sequence to get a feel for what the typical school district will cover in a school year, that's an option. Sometimes it's a welcome resource.

You can check it out here:
http://www.worldbook.com/wb/Students?curriculum

GOOD LUCK !