Return to Website

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board

Are you new to homeschooling and have a question ? Are you new to eastern CT and want to connect with other homeschoolers ? Are you a current CHEER homeschooler, who can offer support to others on the forum ? Here's a place for you to post. Please note: No flaming; no advertisements. Thank you.

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Just decided not to wait till next year, starting homeschooling now.

Hello, I'm in Norwich and looking into homeschooling my children. I started contemplating homeschooling a couple months ago and decided I would begin in the fall. But, I woke up this morning thinking I shouldn't wait. I should just jump in and get started. My oldest daughter is the most important in this jump. She just turned 6 and is finishing Kindergarten this year. I have 3 others, my oldest son is in PreK, 4.5 years old. Then I have 2 younger - one turning 3 next month and a baby just born in January. I want to continue my daughter's Kindergarten education without jumping into a curriculum at this point. I have chosen a curricula to begin with in the fall, but we don't have the money right now to buy a partial curricula to finish out the year. Does anyone have any suggestions for a homeschooling website that has free curriculum resources I could use to get started? I'm interested in getting in touch with other homeschoolers in the area as well so please feel free to contact me.

Rachel

Re: Just decided not to wait till next year, starting homeschooling now.

I'm starting tomorrow... I got all my questions answered and even found the curriculum I want to use for teaching my daughter to read on Ebay for a drastically reduced price so I should be getting that in the mail very soon. :)

Thanks
Rachel

HI Rachel,
What curriculum are you using?
do you like it so far?
hows it going?!!

Rachel,

On the main website, you'll see a link to a Catalog Page and also a Weblinks page. It contains a ton of informational resources, and many of the websites have free content. Really, with some preparation, one could homeschool for free with www resources. There's more than any family could use.

Check it out !

TONS of free printables...it goes on and on. Have FUN with your planning !!