Return to Website

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board

Are you new to homeschooling and have a question ? Are you new to eastern CT and want to connect with other homeschoolers ? Are you a current CHEER homeschooler, who can offer support to others on the forum ? Here's a place for you to post. Please note: No flaming; no advertisements. Thank you.

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Confusing Curriculum

I am brand new to homeschooling. I have an intelligent 6 yr. old, how do I go about choosing curriculum when there is literally hundreds to choose from? help please.

Re: Confusing Curriculum

HI I am also new to homeschooling, i actually have not started yet, i plan to start this summer/sept. 2009, my oldest is 5yrs old she will be 6 this summer, and i have many questions, esp. the same question you asked!!

Re: Confusing Curriculum

Hi !
I suggest that you go to the CHEER website page that says "Catalogs". Spend some time going through there, because you will see some suggestions for curriculum.

Also, you can check Rainbow Resource Center dotcom, which should be listed on that page, too. It's a sort of one-stop shopping humongous catalog. It will suggest age appropriate materials, by subject. Makes decisions and perusing, easier.