San Manuelians Web Forum

Post your comments, feedbacks, tsismisans or anything.

San Manuelians Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pangasinan town vice mayor shot dead

by Glenrose @ 6:30 pm. Filed under News
SAN MANUEL, Pangasinan, June 21 (PNA) — The flag is hoisted half-mast in front of the municipal hall here while the atmosphere in the entire town was serene but subdued, a day after the slaying of outgoing Vice Mayor Bonie Apilado, 35, in barangay San Vicente in Urdaneta City by supposed hired killers.

Incumbent Mayor Salvador Perez, who defeated Apilado in the last election, said out of respect to the slain vice mayor, he ordered the municipal officer of the Department of Interior and Local Government to hoist the flag at half-mast.

However, Perez flatly denied the initial outburst of members of the victim’s family accusing him of masterminding the killing, in a talk to newsmen at his office.

Apilado, father of 2, was gunned down by an unidentified gunman after alighting from his owner-type jeep just in front of a car repair shop opposite the Manantan Technical School in barangay San Vicente, Urdaneta City Wednesday afternoon.

Apilado sustained seven gunshot wounds in the body, two of which on the head and died two hours later at the Sacred Heart Hospital in Urdaneta City. His driver was also wounded in the shooting.

The vice mayor’s family said Apilado, on his second term, as vice mayor of San Manuel, received several death threats before, during and after the election, even when he already lost the election.

But his wife Cherry, 27, said even if her husband was under threat, he thought those behind this might just be scaring him as there is no more reason that he would be eliminated after losing in the election.

“I am surprised of what happened. What I am sad about is I am immediately being pinpointed as the mastermind, said Perez who ruled San Manuel for 17 long years and was just given another three-year term in the last election.

Defending himself from this accusation, Perez told newsmen, “What can I get by killing Bonie?”

He said he and his son Alain Jerico, 37, who was his running mate in the last election, were already proclaimed winners of the election, adding that this alone proved that he had no reason anymore to have his former opponent killed.

Re: Pangasinan town vice mayor shot dead

please... konsenyam mon nu sino ka man nga nagpapatay ken vice mayor bonnie apilado, makarma kayon.

HE WAS A GOOD VICE MAYOR.. a Good CITIZEN of San MANUEL. MAawa naman kayo. VICE MAYOR BONNIE APILADO.. will always be our vice mayor.. siya ang mananalo bilang pununo ng ating bayan kung di lang nagbayad ang ayaw matalo at manakot sa mga taong ayaw pabayad.

HE WILL BE REMEMBERED FOREVER. MAY HE REST IN PEACE.. SA YO KAMI VICE. WE WILL BE PRAYING FOR UR SOUL. MAY YOU REST IN PEACE.. YOU WILL BE REMEMBERED FOREVER. WE LOVE YOU, VICE MAYOR BONNIE APILADO!!!