Return to Website

In Memory of........

You're invited to honor your loved one on this board in any way that helps you deal with your grief whether it's a story, poem, link to a memorial site or sharing feelings about your loss.  Memorial candles are displayed at In Memory of Ben - Memorial Candles and will stay lit as long as this site is alive.
Please know that IP addresses are recorded.

In Memory of........
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Why does hurt to let go??

I was not kept in the loop about my father's battle with lung cancer. The last time I saw him was on his birthday. He was so thin. We went outside due to the nice weather and I just looked at him. I knew right then and there he had given up on life and the fight for it. I couldn't ask him to fight anymore.4 long years fighting it was more then enough. That day he made me promise that I would not give up on my dream to help people. Said I could make a difference. He told me he loved me. Christmas time came and I couldn't bear to see him in his state. Little did I know, I would regret it. IT was his last Christmas. I miss him so much. I didn't even say goodbye. I hope he knows that I LOVE HIM and that I AM SORRY. It really hurts so bad.

Name of loved one and dates: Walter Kushner Sr. 11-11-61 to 2-6-11

Re: Why does hurt to let go??

we don't have to let go. there is no rule that say we have to stop crying nor stop feeling sad. it took me 19 years 2 months and 24 days of my life to love my child. so i will take that same amount of time and cry over him. the same amount of time to laugh at his jokes and smile at my thoughts of him. you take all the time you need and never let go just live live live live! peace to your heart and soul.

Name of loved one and dates: Thomas Mar'Anthony Chadwick 11-7-91/1-31-11