Return to Website

In Memory of........

You're invited to honor your loved one on this board in any way that helps you deal with your grief whether it's a story, poem, link to a memorial site or sharing feelings about your loss.  Memorial candles are displayed at In Memory of Ben - Memorial Candles and will stay lit as long as this site is alive.
Please know that IP addresses are recorded.

In Memory of........
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My Mom

My mom wasn't really like most moms. She had Cerebral Palsy since she was born and she had to overcome alot. She couldn't walk and had alot of trouble with painful muscle spasms. Still, she made the most of things. She was very outgoing, people flocked to her. She had so many friends that when she died, the funeral home didn't have enough space to hold everyone that wanted to pay their respects. That was beautiful. She spent her life helping other people, especially those with developmental disabilities.
I still can't help but feel that she didn't get a fair shake. She had to fight so hard her whole life only to die so young. What is even harder to accept, is that it didn't have to be that way. If the doctor had tested her for colon cancer instead of just writing her symptoms off as irritable bowel, she'd be with me still. She'd have seen her grandkids. We'd still be playing our board games and laughing together. But, the doctor couldn't be bothered to go through the trouble of ordering a colonoscopy, he simply didn't have the time to pay attention to her family history of colon cancer, he didn't see the importance of even ordering a simple blood test. I try to tell myself that she is in a better place. No more pain, no more suffering. When people think of my mom, I hope they remember her enthusiasm, her drive, and her determination. I'll always remember her dark sense of humor and her extra curly (chia pet) hair.

Name of loved one and dates: Alethea 04-29-1952/11-27-2002