Return to Website

In Memory of........

You're invited to honor your loved one on this board in any way that helps you deal with your grief whether it's a story, poem, link to a memorial site or sharing feelings about your loss.  Memorial candles are displayed at In Memory of Ben - Memorial Candles and will stay lit as long as this site is alive.
Please know that IP addresses are recorded.

In Memory of........
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My Mother passed away 4-16-03

im so very sorry about your mom. i lost my fiancee 4-25-03 . he was 29 years young. we were getting married in set this year .i been with him for 4 1/2 years . he was my life . i wish i had the strenth to be strong -----------im just not coping with him gone . im alone,it happened to unexpectedlyat his job where he work at a school maintanin the grounds ,the truck he was digging dirt with tipped on an angle and he was crushed . i miss him sooooo much, all i do is cry and live at his grave ,please if there is a way to deal with this please guide me ...... god bless

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I'm 46 years old and my Mom, whose name is Betty, just passed away at the age of 71 years young. She was very healthy although she needed surgery to correct arteries blocked in her abdomen. Things did not go as hoped and she went home to be with the Lord. She was my very best friend. We did everything together. Our lives were so entwined and now I am left with a terrible loss. I thank God I have my father who is also a very kind and loving man and good friend. My mom was loved by everyone who knew her...she always had a smile, an encouraging word and would do whatever she could for anyone if she was able. I know the Lord will see us through this, but it is so hard. I have a wonderful husband, 3 grown children, a sweet daughter-in-law and a beautiful grandson. I want to be to them what my Mom was to all of us. I'm just trying to find my way right now, because the loneliness runs do deep. Thank you for allowing me to share my feelings with you. God bless each of you and may the peace that can only come from our heavenly Father sustain you as you grieve the loss of your loved ones. Again, thank you.....

Bobbie

Re: Re: My Mother passed away 4-16-03

Melanie....I am so very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you're going through at this time. I know you must feel you're whole life has turned upside down. To lose the one you love and was about to be married to must be so hard. Melanie, I wish I had the answers, but I've learned recently through my mothers passing there aren't any set ones to follow. Each situation will be different. For me it is my faith that gives me strength to move from one day to the next. I am a born again Christian...and I know the Lord gives me strength to get through each day. It has only been a little over a month since my mom passed and I cry everyday, but I know in time my heart will heal. I'll never be the same and life will never be the same without her but I know that she would want me to live my life as she did. Fully and completely, enjoying every second of it. And as I grow stronger I know that I will be able to do so in time with her memory in my heart. One thing I can share with you that I have been doing is writing a journal. The first day I wrote...I wrote down everything I would have said to my mom if I had been given the chance to before she passed...and then each day I write and share with her what went on that day...it's like I feel I am still able in some form to share my life with her. You may want to try this. If you do have faith in God...then continue going to church and letting those there support you. If you have not made that decision then maybe you may want to think about it. There is more to this life...there is eternal life in Christ Jesus for those who believe in Him and trust Him as Lord and Savior. Eternal life is a gift that lets us know that in our sorrow we will see one another again some day...it give us hope. One thing for sure...your fiancee I'm sure would want you to move forward in your life...I know that it is too soon for now...but one day the love you two shared will help you to know that it's ok to continue to move forward and you'll know that he would be happy for you that you did. He will always be apart of you...and you'll carry the love and the memories with you whatever your future holds. But I hope in time you will not be afraid to live out your life...when you decide to do so...it will honor what the two of you shared. Take what you've learned from your time together and bring something good and positive out of it.

My heart and prayers are with you..

God bless you,

Bobbie

Replying to:

im so very sorry about your mom. i lost my fiancee 4-25-03 . he was 29 years young. we were getting married in set this year .i been with him for 4 1/2 years . he was my life . i wish i had the strenth to be strong -----------im just not coping with him gone . im alone,it happened to unexpectedlyat his job where he work at a school maintanin the grounds ,the truck he was digging dirt with tipped on an angle and he was crushed . i miss him sooooo much, all i do is cry and live at his grave ,please if there is a way to deal with this please guide me ...... god bless

Replying to:

I'm 46 years old and my Mom, whose name is Betty, just passed away at the age of 71 years young. She was very healthy although she needed surgery to correct arteries blocked in her abdomen. Things did not go as hoped and she went home to be with the Lord. She was my very best friend. We did everything together. Our lives were so entwined and now I am left with a terrible loss. I thank God I have my father who is also a very kind and loving man and good friend. My mom was loved by everyone who knew her...she always had a smile, an encouraging word and would do whatever she could for anyone if she was able. I know the Lord will see us through this, but it is so hard. I have a wonderful husband, 3 grown children, a sweet daughter-in-law and a beautiful grandson. I want to be to them what my Mom was to all of us. I'm just trying to find my way right now, because the loneliness runs do deep. Thank you for allowing me to share my feelings with you. God bless each of you and may the peace that can only come from our heavenly Father sustain you as you grieve the loss of your loved ones. Again, thank you.....

Bobbie