Desert Wings voices

Welcome to my forum. This is a good place to post messeges and contact other people.

Desert Wings voices
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
509 th. A & E Squadron

Are there any others out there that were stationed with the 509 th. A & E Squadron at Walker AFB from December 1953 through 1955 ? I was an ECM Repairman and worked out of a shop near the water tank. While with the 509th, and the B-50's we went TDY for 90 days to Anderson AFB, Agana, Guam. This was during the last three months of the Korean war. Upon return to Walker, our B-50's were retired to Air refueling and/or recon. I transferred to Carswell AFB, Ft. Worth Texas.

I still have a good friend in Roswell, who was in high school when I was there. He was an Amateur Radio Operator like myself and we enjoyed the hobby.

I enjoyed seeing some of your pictures of Walker. I keep thinking we had three bomb wings, the 393rd (??), 715th, and 830th. I might have been thinking of one of the B-50 numbers.

I also remember we had a B-36 Squadron stationed at Walker also, which made it take a while to get used to the take off noise.