Desert Wings voices

Welcome to my forum. This is a good place to post messeges and contact other people.

Desert Wings voices
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thoughts on Walker AFB

I'm thoroughly enjoying your website on "Walker by the Sea". Our family was stationed there from May 1964 to March 1966. My father flew the U6 (Tweeny Weeny Airlines)to ferry personnel to and from the missile sites. Prior to Walker, we were stationed at Bunker Hill AFB near Peru Indiana for 5 years. Dad flew the B-58 Hustler with the 305th BW while there. Prior to that, 7 years of B-47s out of MacDill near Tampa FLA with the same wing. Smoking ended his days of high altitude flying. I was a young teen during our stay at Walker. We lived at 86 West Byrne. I first returned for a visit in August 1999 and again for an 8th/9th grade reunion in 2003. Both times, went out to the base to look around (for hours too). What good memories. I'm not in the military, but am a SAC brat for sure. Currently, I work for Southern California Edison as a Nuclear Engineer at the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station. Have been in commercial Nuclear Generation since May of 1977. Though currently working in CA, I'm having a dream custom home built in NM. When finally done working in CA, it will be my permanent residence. Good ole NM. Keep up the good work. I will be visiting your site again. Perhaps, someone who was there when we were will send me an email. Hope so. Greg