Return to Website

Hall & Oates German Fan Website Message Board

Hello to my Hall & Oates message board! Feel free to write your message about Daryl & John, Hall&Oates stuff you are looking for, ...

Hall & Oates German Fan Website Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Question about the "7 Big Ones" DVD

Hmmm...I just got the DVD and it sounds fine to me.

I have a surround sound home theatre....I don't

know if that make's that much of a difference.

Of course as a die hard fan I would love to have more

than 7 videos. But heck, I'll take whatever I can get.

Especially on the DVD format.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I found this review at Amazon.com:

AVOID THIS! The source material for this DVD was clearly VHS tape, as the audio and video quality is beyond substandard. It's awful enough to release a set this skimpy when Hall & Oates have a vast video catalog to draw from. It's downright criminal when the 7 videos shown look and sound as bad as they do. Hopefully, RCA (which owns the masters) will see to it to release a comprehensive Best Of career set of H&O, the best-selling duo in rock history. I own 400+ DVDs and have never seen anything this bad.

Has anyone this DVD? Is the quality of the DVD so bad?

Re: Re: Question about the "7 Big Ones" DVD

Hi,

Hey, you have the DVD? I was wondering about something. Have you found eastereggs on the DVD? I was just curious. If you want to know more about eastereggs on DVDs. You can check out the link, I posted here. www.dvdeastereggs.com. It's a neat site.

LOL,

Tara

Replying to:

Hmmm...I just got the DVD and it sounds fine to me.

I have a surround sound home theatre....I don't

know if that make's that much of a difference.

Of course as a die hard fan I would love to have more

than 7 videos. But heck, I'll take whatever I can get.

Especially on the DVD format.

Replying to:

I found this review at Amazon.com:

AVOID THIS! The source material for this DVD was clearly VHS tape, as the audio and video quality is beyond substandard. It's awful enough to release a set this skimpy when Hall & Oates have a vast video catalog to draw from. It's downright criminal when the 7 videos shown look and sound as bad as they do. Hopefully, RCA (which owns the masters) will see to it to release a comprehensive Best Of career set of H&O, the best-selling duo in rock history. I own 400+ DVDs and have never seen anything this bad.

Has anyone this DVD? Is the quality of the DVD so bad?