Home | Underground History of American Education | History Tour | Bookstore
Newsletter / Discussion Board | Multimedia | Film: 4th Purpose | Retreat | Odysseus Group
About Us | Contact us | Links | Discussion Forum Archive
Return to Website

The Odysseus Group's Education Debate & Discussion Forum

This forum has been created for you, so feel free to use it often to share your ideas, insights, and experiences from which we all can learn. Please note that we will remove postings if they: a) are not germane to the subject of education, b) are advertisements or sales pitches, c) contain profanity, obscenity, or comments that are insulting to readers.

The Odysseus Group's Education Debate & Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I probably owe an apology to JTG

Dave,
You are dead right and dead wrong all at the same time. There is a bigger answer of which this is but a part.
Please believe me, I am not trying to be snotty. I absolutely know that you know the answer. However, the answer is just too obvious to ordinarily be worth mentioning.
A home school can outperform a public school, so often, because a public school was deliberately designed to dumb our kids down. Given that starting point outperforming a public school is not all that difficult.
I often take a statistical view of things whether explaining or analyzing. Lets look at what Mr. Gatto told us in UHAE and in his video series on the Elite Boarding Schools at the prep school level.
According to Charles Murray of The Bell Curve fame 10% of our population does the moving and shaking. They are the fill the professional ranks, the leading public servants, the inventors and scientists, etc. According to Mr. Gatto the Elite Boarding School crowd also pick off most of the best jobs and leadership positions. In other words that 2$ or 0.2% of the nation that are wealthy enough to graduate the Elite Boarding Schools get the best jobs out of that 10% of leadership positions.
At this time I am defining a leadership position to include not only the obvious but those extremely skilled positions upon which our nation depends.
Yet if ability is equally distributed across all socio-economic classes the number of extremely wealthy that would qualify would be very limited. The number of qualified from the lower classes would swamp the so called elite if education were evenly distributed.
I think if you think about it you will almost instantly understand why public schools cannot be used to provide a good education. It would mean the end of the oligarchy.
BTW, back before the movement of our industry overseas got so obvious I read that the super rich were no longer intellectually capable of leading the corporations they owned -- industry was too high tech for them to understand how it worked. I also read that because they had had to promote the able from the non oligarchy there were little wars going on in the boardrooms. The elite employees were demanding more power and better pay.
Ron

It was the perfect storm: rising Darwinism, declining religious faith, growing faith in "science" to cure/fix all, Marxism not yet debunked and irresistable to the people pushing utopians full of their own plans for the lives of others.

You're both right. The govschools are designed to NOT educate and no one cares about a childs mind more than his parents, although I know more than a few parents who truly believe that they cannot educate their own because they are not teachers. What a mindjob has been done on the people of this country.

The thing that I remember most vividly about my school board meeting attending days was that the newspaper accounts the next day seemed to be of a meeting that I never attended. The most newsworthy (table pounding demands by some members that other members get on board with centralization of resign from the board, smug cracks from smirking "administrators" that if the public didn't vote for tax increases that sports and bus service would be the first to go and THEN they would vote for tax increases)occurrences were never reported, for obvious reasons. I no longer read the local paper (or even the bigger ones) largely because I no longer trust that truth is being reported. It is a propaganda rag for the town "leaders" and the school crats. It would have been so nice to see the truth reported, stats not skewed, abuses covered up, opposition not downplayed or ignored.
They called and wanted me to re-subscribe a year or so ago and I came out and told the lady that I saw no reason why I should fund a publication that worked against my interests except to know what they were up to. She whined about how my interests WERE the same as the local town (that runs the county to their own benefit closing all the small outlying rural schools and pulling all the property taxes into town). That is the mindset: THEY know best, the "business leaders" who are in charge of our "economic development" and "bringing industry and jobs" to the local burg (and WHY on EARTH would they do any such thing??) know how all the rest of us should be allowed to live, THEIR interests are OURS. And we are too stupid to know the difference. Unfortunately, many are, thanks to the local mind laundries.
Enough ranting. Bless you for running a real paper.

JS,
I made the comment about Mr. Gatto having missed much of the effect of the oligarchy quite some time ago. By that I mean only that I have been working on tracing down the other half of the problem for quite some time. Believe me there is still much that I have not bothered to mention or that I missed entirely. In fact both have happened.
I think in the end it comes down to our homeschooling our children, accepting the responsibily of ferreting out where the public schools have misled us individually (and then correcting our education) and finally to working as a family to build our family fortunes so as to not be at the mercy of the oligarchs. I believe our personal education has to start with The Constitution and the Federalist Papers so as to learn how far astray our public schools and their supporting oligarchy have led us. I am not an expert on either The Constitution or The Federalist Papers but believe you me the the oligarchy have led us into a position that is unrecognizable in light of those two documents. Fortunately for us they had to stay under our radar, so the basic documents have not been subverted that much, only the practice has changed.
Ron
Ron

Ron, the Constitution and the Federalist Papers have been no defense against the oligarchs. Once a class of people has a monopoly on aggression they call the shots, "interpret" the law to mean what they say it does and throw those they want in jail. The govschools simply trained the people to accept this blatantly violent arrangement as righteous and logical, to chain themselves and their neighbors using their own minds. JTG writes of it.

JS,
The flaw was not in the Constitution and there was no warning in the Federalist Papers. The flaw was that everyone was committed to classical liberalism and they thought there was no threat on the horizon. Then they got sucker punched just as we did at Pearl Harbor.
Yet after 120 years of success they still have to fly under the radar. Rush Limbaugh refers to them as the party that can never tell the truth about themselves - if they say what they honestly represent they cannot get elected. If they debate openly and honestly they cannot win in the freemarket of ideas. They have The Frankfort School, 90% of the MSM,almost the entirety of Hollywood, Academia, almost the entirety of the Democrat Party and about half or more of the Republican officeholders on their side and it still isn't enough. When they debate they cannot debate and instead resort to misrepresentation & ridicule to attack their opponents.
Did you see what happened in the run up to the 2010 election? They tried their tried and true tactics of race baiting by claiming that Tea Party followers had used racial taunts against black congressmen. The Tea Party responded with video and a huge prize for even one video of the Tea Party acting as accused. They also resorted to their patented brown shirt tactics. Once again out came the webb Cams to show the truth. Nowdays you can not employ such tactics and stay under the radar.
No, they may once have done things like that to you but they can't do it anymore.
Come along and join us in taking your country back. Home schooling is only a good start to getting the oligarchy off our backs.

Home | Underground History of American Education | History Tour | Bookstore
Newsletter / Discussion Board | Multimedia | Film: 4th Purpose | Retreat | Odysseus Group
About Us | Contact us | Links

© 2000-2001 The Odysseus Group
Suite 3W  295 East 8th Street  NY, NY 10009
Phone Toll Free: 888 211-7164   Fax: 212 529-3555
E-mail:info@johntaylorgatto.com

Site design by Exploded View