Home | Underground History of American Education | History Tour | Bookstore
Newsletter / Discussion Board | Multimedia | Film: 4th Purpose | Retreat | Odysseus Group
About Us | Contact us | Links | Discussion Forum Archive
Return to Website

The Odysseus Group's Education Debate & Discussion Forum

This forum has been created for you, so feel free to use it often to share your ideas, insights, and experiences from which we all can learn. Please note that we will remove postings if they: a) are not germane to the subject of education, b) are advertisements or sales pitches, c) contain profanity, obscenity, or comments that are insulting to readers.

The Odysseus Group's Education Debate & Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My my, aren't you on quite a tear this afternoon

Just think. When the empire breaks up you can have your commie utopia and eradicate traditional parenting and I can live free of your "COMMUNITY".

>>>>>The "traditional" families that Lloyd deMause talks about are not specifically traditional religious families, yet you pretend they are when claiming my ideas are "evil," taking umbrage because you think that you are in a traditional religious family. They are families that believe raising children and teaching them through violence and coercion is a legitimate method of child rearing.<<<<<

And we know EXACTLY who you are targeting: those evil Dobson followers, spankers who you call child beaters.

>>>>These are the very things you protest when government commits such offenses against adult citizens or foreign citizens, failing to even be willing to examine how or why adults might believe that force and coercion are a legitimate means of enforcing their will upon others. If children have been raised through such means, what are the ways of cooperation that they would learn?<<<<<

Your contention that state force and violence are excusable but parental spanking is “beating” and inexcusable. The most violent and brutal person I have ever known was NOT spanked or physically punished as a child at all, yet he grew up into an abusive bully. What’s your theory on that?

>>>>>You believe that citizenship is for the "dumbed down," yet active citizenship is the only means of ensuring fair or honest government, or that everyone's interests are given a fair hearing.<<<<

There is no such thing as coerced “honest” government! Are you mad? What do I care if the goon holding a gun on me or threatening me with jail is “honest”? What is “fair” about being enslaved for 9 months of the year so crats can have cushy retirements and pensions? I don’t need to be involved in the “interests” of others! Leave others alone! As long as they are not bothering anyone their “interests” are their own affair.

>>>>>I assume you believe that in your covenant communities you will also just be able to be "left alone," aside from your peaceful cooperation and trading. That is usually not how communities, that rely on MUTUAL agreements related to governance, work.<<<<

Sure it is. The people who want to live according to certain guidelines MUTUALLY agree to certain rules. They then agree to trade with others according to MUTUALLY agreed upon contract. What’s the problem?

>>>> Yet you believe that without government, governance structures will simply disappear.<<<<

Without access to our property via monopoly on aggression the state will shrink/disappear . That does not mean that some folks, like yourself, won’t decide they LIKE being ruled and set up a city state.

>>>>You believe that the so-called free market is a viable stand-in for government,<<<

??? I have posted no such thing.

>>>> where trade and cooperation based on trade determines governance.<<<<

I have never posted this either. You are having a great deal of difficulty conceiving of a stateless society without forced “governance”.

>>>>Apparently it has never occurred to you how easy it would be for those capitalists with the most money to enslave other people, as they have now.<<<<

As they have now?? With the mightiest state in the world, the greatest armies in the world and a Marxist president?? How could the evil capitalists have DONE this with “Our Governance” protecting us?? I know, I know. It is OUR fault for getting ourselves dumbed down and voting for BAD masters. Do you think the evil capitalists would have a fraction of the loot they do without state protectionist regulations? You believe the mythology that the state protects you. That is fine…for YOU. But you have no right to demand others be forced to submit to them.

>>>>You believe that taxation is theft, failing to recognize the mutual ground upon which all income is earned or property acquired. You pretend that humans are isolates, that any income they earn through life IN COMMUNITY is exclusively their own. I disagree with this assessment. <<<

Aaaaahhh. So there is no private property When I get up at 5 AM and run my butt off all day, getting no breaks and tolerating all manner of rudeness and poor working conditions I OWE COMMUNITY a score of my production because they did…what??? Well, I disagree with YOUR “assessment”. And you whine because I call you a commie…because this BS isn’t communism at all, is it?

>>>>>>You support big box stores such as Wal-Mart, king of the big box stores, as if that were something that benefits society, no matter how many local businesses such retail outfits put out of business, no matter how much destruction is visited upon local economies.<<<<<

Walmart is no different than Target, Kmart, etc. For some reason you hate them. So don’t shop there, or at any big box store. I have lost count of the times I have gone to a small local store or business only to have them not be open although their sign indicates they should be, or be ignored while the owner chews the fat with a visitor leaning on the counter. I have never had that happen at Walmart.

>>> At the same time, you champion local "covenant communities," as if such communities could exist in environments dominated by big box stores.<<<<

They wouldn’t have to shop there, no one would be twisting their arms.

>>>>You never fail to try to identify me with everything you hate about corrupt government, and your hatred of government can be clearly discerned in your hateful messages directed to me.<<<<

Gee, I wonder why?

>>>>Quote:
Your worldview is based on theft, lies, dumbing down, forced association, killing, aggression. Mine is not. All I say is you have no right to force your state on others.XXXXX
Once again, you make false claims against me, insisting that that is my worldview when it is not, and I think you KNOW it is not. The fact that you feel you can write such lies with impunity here shows how skewed your own worldview is, pretending that I am in favor of all the corruption and wrongdoing of which the government is guilty.<<<<

I can only refer you back to your many posts promoting things like state monitoring of private families, your scapegoating of traditional parenting, your claim that private property does not exist, that all belongs to the “COMMUNITY”.

>>>>>Why you try to personalize this and claim only good for your own worldview and evil for mine, I don't know. But it is dishonest in the extreme to make such charges against me when I have repeatedly stated that government as now exists is not what I think government should be.<<<<<

LOL! I know what you think governance SHOULD be, and that is worse yet. I don’t care WHAT kind of “governance” you want, the state itself is rotten to the core, based on aggression, lies, theft, and killing. YOU are welcome to it.

?????You also claim that I have no right to force "YOUR STATE" on others. But you have never explained why you believe that you have the right to break up countries into "covenant communities" smaller than Liechtenstein, some perhaps governed via theocracy, some by racist exclusionary principles, some by homophobia or who knows what.<<<<

Demanding the state leave us alone, denying their legitimacy to rule is not the same thing as “breaking up countries”. I believe the country WILL break up as the gulag becomes seen for what it is but I have no ambition to “break it up”. I will applaud when it does, unless another state moves in and sets up their racket. Some people WANT theocracy, some want white only or black only communities, some want homosexuality mainstreamed and some want to be spared from witnessing overt homosexual displays. What is so awful about folks just living as THEY want? Why do they have to live the way YOU want?

>>>>>Yet you presume this right, no matter what anyone else may want,<<<<

BULL! I have repeatedly posted that you should live in the type of state you want. The fact that what you want is FORCING others to live as YOU say they should is not a persuasive argument. YOUR wants are no more important than mine or anyone elses.

>>>> based on the dubious "teachings" of your heroes such as Rothbard or Hoppe or other separatists who claim your devotion<<<<

Devotion? They make a lot more sense than you do.

You're repeating yourself.

And making no more sense than you did the first, second, tenth or twentieth times you've run through your lewrockwell.com vision of a better world.

I'M repeating MYself??

How blind and without insight into your own thought process ARE you?

Your contention that it is tyranny to deny the right of others to tyrannize us illogical. And that has NOTHING to do with LRC or my style of speech that so offends your delicate sensibilities.

Home | Underground History of American Education | History Tour | Bookstore
Newsletter / Discussion Board | Multimedia | Film: 4th Purpose | Retreat | Odysseus Group
About Us | Contact us | Links

© 2000-2001 The Odysseus Group
Suite 3W  295 East 8th Street  NY, NY 10009
Phone Toll Free: 888 211-7164   Fax: 212 529-3555
E-mail:info@johntaylorgatto.com

Site design by Exploded View