Home | Underground History of American Education | History Tour | Bookstore
Newsletter / Discussion Board | Multimedia | Film: 4th Purpose | Retreat | Odysseus Group
About Us | Contact us | Links | Discussion Forum Archive
Return to Website

The Odysseus Group's Education Debate & Discussion Forum

This forum has been created for you, so feel free to use it often to share your ideas, insights, and experiences from which we all can learn. Please note that we will remove postings if they: a) are not germane to the subject of education, b) are advertisements or sales pitches, c) contain profanity, obscenity, or comments that are insulting to readers.

The Odysseus Group's Education Debate & Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: collectivist liberalism is fascism

Louise,
"From your track record here lately, it appears that you don't know what you're talking about much of the time."
From your track record here since the beginning of time it appears that your forte is parroting misinformation.
If you think about it, almost anything I say is likely to dramatically violate the party line that you are spouting. Score one for my side.
Ron

Re: collectivist liberalism is fascism

I see. I parrot a party line and you speak the truth.

If you only knew how ridiculous you sound!

Louise, we have a grave difference between us

Louise,
In the period 1776 thru 1789 the American people went through a revolution of a type never before seen in history. Until that time man had been ruled by a tyranny of one type or another. Some had been, so called, benevolent, others had been horrendous but all came down to rule by force.
The American people of that time, 1776 to 1789 did something that had never been done before. They established a contract between themselves for ruling themselves that retained ultimate power in their hands.
In their wisdom, as they were ruling themselves, they left the law in most everyday situations virtually non-existant. They did under their contract employ a justice of the peace and a constable to break up fights and enforce the public peace. They also provided civil courts so people could adjudicate disagreements without resorting to arms or fisticuffs. Otherwise there wasn't much law and the burden of supporting the government formed under the contract was very light. Under that system our country grew like a wildfire. In a very short time, in historical terms, our country was pre-dominant.
However, after slightly under a hundred years a self selected oligarchy began gathering strength. In the early 20th Century they promoted one of their philosophy into the presidency and gained control of the public school system. They had two major depressions that were self induced and managed to squander most of the gains made by their predacessors.
At this time the oligarchy and its supporters seems to be trying to subvert the power of the people to rule themselves and to consolidate their power to rule on a permanent basis. Yet the contract referred to as The Constitution remains in force and the people retain the power to enforce that contract and its provisions.

Re: Louise, we have a grave difference between us

An interesting revisionist view of history that I'm sure it makes you happy to believe.

Louise,
"An interesting revisionist view of history that I'm sure it makes you happy to believe."
What a terrible thing to say. That comment is only motivated by pure spite and a total inability to refute what I had to say.

I closed my email with an obvious truth, " Yet the contract referred to as The Constitution remains in force and the people retain the power to enforce that contract and its provisions."
Are you contending that the Constitution is no longer in force or are you contending that the people no longer have the power to enforce the contract.
I think that in a fit of pique you just revealed the government that you truly want. You want to have a government of men where law means nothing. You also want a government in which you are a member of the ruling elite.
It is no wonder that Rush Limbaugh calls you, "The people that can never admit who they are."
Ron

What I meant is that the more the Constitution is violated, the more difficult it gets for anyone to enforce it.

I think that in a fit of pique you just revealed the government that you truly want. You want to have a government of men where law means nothing. You also want a government in which you are a member of the ruling elite.
It is no wonder that Rush Limbaugh calls you, "The people that can never admit who they are."

Sorry you feel that way.

Louise,
"What I meant is that the more the Constitution is violated, the more difficult it gets for anyone to enforce it."
Then you don't know the Constitution. The people ultimately have power over even the SCOTUS as unlikely as that may seem to you. Go read the Federalist Papers.
Ron

Home | Underground History of American Education | History Tour | Bookstore
Newsletter / Discussion Board | Multimedia | Film: 4th Purpose | Retreat | Odysseus Group
About Us | Contact us | Links

© 2000-2001 The Odysseus Group
Suite 3W  295 East 8th Street  NY, NY 10009
Phone Toll Free: 888 211-7164   Fax: 212 529-3555
E-mail:info@johntaylorgatto.com

Site design by Exploded View