Home | Underground History of American Education | History Tour | Bookstore
Newsletter / Discussion Board | Multimedia | Film: 4th Purpose | Retreat | Odysseus Group
About Us | Contact us | Links | Discussion Forum Archive
Return to Website

The Odysseus Group's Education Debate & Discussion Forum

This forum has been created for you, so feel free to use it often to share your ideas, insights, and experiences from which we all can learn. Please note that we will remove postings if they: a) are not germane to the subject of education, b) are advertisements or sales pitches, c) contain profanity, obscenity, or comments that are insulting to readers.

The Odysseus Group's Education Debate & Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Scott Horton of Antiwar.com

http://antiwar.com/horton/?articleid=8556

You sound like a nincompoop

Louise,
You are getting very testy at a time we are only discussing national policy that isn't likely to have much direct effect on either your or my life.
"I've had quite enough of reading your tortured prose for one day, thank you."
Louise, I am certain it is my incisive facts and logic that is bothering you. The question is why?
Why do you have problems with procedures designed to save American lives and at the same time to be far less barbaric than the enemy is using on us? I do not agree to anything more barbaric than the Muslim Radicals are using but you must agree to tactics designed to teach Muslim Radicals to be more civilized. The question is not why I agree to those tactics but why you don't agree? The follow up question is why do you immediately use emotional tactics as soon as I fail to agree with you? Is it because you immediately realize you have really poor logical reasons for your position. Or do you wish to be a tyrannt dictating to the rest of us?
Thank it over, Louise. I can't believe you have thought this subject through at all.
Ron

Louise, I was only asking what you thought. Don't you have an answer?

Louise,
Surely I was providing you a podium by asking what you thought. Do you mind sharing your thoughts with us?
Ron

Re: Louise, I was only asking what you thought. Don't you have an answer?

You are on my IGNORE list, which is why I'm not answering your questions. You're not even honest, hence your denial that you referred to Percy as a Brown Shirt.

Why would I want to engage in conversation with you when you apparently believe in the moral idiocy of torture as a legitimate means of intelligence gathering? "Enhanced interrogation techniques," a phrase coined by the Nazis.

I have no respect for your opinions or ideas. How's that? Enough of an answer?

So you respond with the tactics of personal destruction

Louis,
"I have no respect for your opinions or ideas. How's that? Enough of an answer?"
I understand perfectly. You are not only the judge, jury and executioner you also get to invent your own evidence out of the whole cloth. That is a ancient and time honored collectivist liberal tactic.
You call me a liar? I've never denied what I said. You pointed out my error and I immediately corrected it. What is dishonest in that -- only that you refuse to acknowledge my correction and continue telling a fiction. That is very dishonest. On the other hand I expected no better.

"I have no respect for your opinions or ideas. How's that? Enough of an answer?"
Again you are fundamentally dishonest. I never asked you to respect my "opinions or ideas." You invented that one out of the whole cloth. I asked you to answer my questions. That is a different matter entirely as everyone knows.

But you couldn't resist this litle deception. " you apparently believe in the moral idiocy of torture as a legitimate means of intelligence gathering? "Enhanced interrogation techniques," a phrase coined by the Nazis."
The question was never what I believed in. The question was are you willing to accept America's right to retaliate in kind to behavior against our citizens by a violent and barbaric enemy. If you don't want to retaliate then how do you propose to stop the barbarians from cutting off the heads of our civilians on world wide TV?

Home | Underground History of American Education | History Tour | Bookstore
Newsletter / Discussion Board | Multimedia | Film: 4th Purpose | Retreat | Odysseus Group
About Us | Contact us | Links

© 2000-2001 The Odysseus Group
Suite 3W  295 East 8th Street  NY, NY 10009
Phone Toll Free: 888 211-7164   Fax: 212 529-3555
E-mail:info@johntaylorgatto.com

Site design by Exploded View