Home | Underground History of American Education | History Tour | Bookstore
Newsletter / Discussion Board | Multimedia | Film: 4th Purpose | Retreat | Odysseus Group
About Us | Contact us | Links | Discussion Forum Archive
Return to Website

The Odysseus Group's Education Debate & Discussion Forum

This forum has been created for you, so feel free to use it often to share your ideas, insights, and experiences from which we all can learn. Please note that we will remove postings if they: a) are not germane to the subject of education, b) are advertisements or sales pitches, c) contain profanity, obscenity, or comments that are insulting to readers.

The Odysseus Group's Education Debate & Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question for Ron

For sheer brain power, entirely apart from party or ideology, who do you think has been the smartest president since Eisenhower? Who would you pick for #2 and #3? I've been thinking about this myself and wondered what you thought. (No fair just picking the ones you like the best.). Reply greatly appreciated!

Re: Question for Ron

Percy,
You asked, "For sheer brain power, entirely apart from party or ideology, who do you think has been the smartest president since Eisenhower?"
In my humble opinion the smartest was in my party but one that paradoxically I disagree with the most on basic political philosophy. I am a classical liberal while he was a collectivist Liberal at heart. That was Dick Nixon. He has been said to be the most liberal president in the past 100 years. However sitting our political differences aside he was the smartest.
For numbers two and three I will pick Reagan and Clinton without any further attempt to rank them. I am exempting Obama from my list.
Eisenhower I would like to know more about. Ike shared an interesting quirk with MacArthur. MacArthur smoked a pipe. In any formal or informal conference (impromptu press conference?) if asked a question. that pressed him, MacArthur would suddenly go into motion with his pipe, refilling, lighting, tamping, etc (sometimes the full gamut). You would get no answer out of him until he was prepared then suddenly his pipe would be drawing well and he would tell you what he wanted you to hear. Eisenhower used his garbled syntext to the same purpose. He would speak clearly and distinctly when he was ready, until then you got garbled syntext. I often wonder how much his garbled syntext influenced my estimate of his intelligence.
Who are your top three?
Ron

Home | Underground History of American Education | History Tour | Bookstore
Newsletter / Discussion Board | Multimedia | Film: 4th Purpose | Retreat | Odysseus Group
About Us | Contact us | Links

© 2000-2001 The Odysseus Group
Suite 3W  295 East 8th Street  NY, NY 10009
Phone Toll Free: 888 211-7164   Fax: 212 529-3555
E-mail:info@johntaylorgatto.com

Site design by Exploded View