Home | Underground History of American Education | History Tour | Bookstore
Newsletter / Discussion Board | Multimedia | Film: 4th Purpose | Retreat | Odysseus Group
About Us | Contact us | Links | Discussion Forum Archive
Return to Website

The Odysseus Group's Education Debate & Discussion Forum

This forum has been created for you, so feel free to use it often to share your ideas, insights, and experiences from which we all can learn. Please note that we will remove postings if they: a) are not germane to the subject of education, b) are advertisements or sales pitches, c) contain profanity, obscenity, or comments that are insulting to readers.

The Odysseus Group's Education Debate & Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What are his rationalizations for

>>>>>Also, deMause is not saying that poor child-rearing practices are restricted to people of religious faith. These practices, as he makes clear on his site, are nearly universal. But you go into fits and tizzies over it because of your newfound religiosity and believe it is an attack on you specifically.<<<<<

Funny. I missed his concern for the violence committed by atheistic collectivists. Who are THEY “flogging” and murdering for? Please direct me to that portion/article. On second thought, never mind. I steer clear of “hate” sites, especially ones that claim it is “for the children”.

>>>>“because of your newfound religiosity”<<<<

Please enlighten me as to how long I must believe in God in order to satisfy your requirement? I have been “religious” all my life. I simply was deprogrammed from YOUR religion to another. Your opinions on my personal religious faith and it’s quality are irrelevant here. Unless of course you want to start discussing YOUR childlessness, your apparently poor parenting that has caused this crusade against parents.

>>>>>Quote:
Sorry, but his theory scapegoats a religious group just as his Nazi example scapgoated Jews.XXXXXX
You're wrong about that and too blind to see you're wrong.<<<<

No, you are wrong. I have explained why and you think that all you have to do is say I am “blind”. You are unable to defend this terrible smear and scapegoating.

>>>>>>Quote:
In your view I am supposed to "consider" this preposterous and evil smear, actually "dialogue" about it and arrive at some kind of mutually acceptable and intellectually driven compromise ……….eradicated to perfect "society". This is such an obvious attack on who you refer to as "religionists" you should be ashamed.XXXXXX
No, I think you should be ashamed for your near constant antipathy and endless smears toward people who are actually doing things in the world to help kids and families, people like Mitch Hall, whom you referred to as a nutjob.<<<<<

Yes. Yes! They are HELPING the traditionally religious by explaining how evil they are! They are HELPING open their eyes to the evil that they do so that they may understand that Riane Eisler and Lloyd de Mause are the TRUE “Way, Truth, and the Life”…..at least until some other lame social theorist comes along with designs on their kids and families! They are ALWAYS such DO-GOODERS, aren’t they?? They are ALWAYS just brimming with concern for their fellow man and ESPECIALLY children! These social planners and theorists, the Margaret Sangers who just want to stop so many of the poor unfortunate substandards from being born to the Deweys who just want to keep them intellectually stunted so they won’t mind their servitude to “society” so much to the Eislers and YOU who just KNOW that their demented religion is causing all the violence in the world (just ignore the millions slaughtered en masse by atheists)!

>>>>You constantly smear with names such as slimebag and nutjob and commie creep, etc., then turn around and accuse other people of smears. You have so little knowledge of your own speech, your own blind defenses, that you make it nearly impossible to reason with you.<<<<<

You think I don’t know what I am posting? What do YOU think of people who use Nazi tactics and ideology?

>>>>>You are against dialogue, believing it is some form of Hegelian dialectic, so you talk at people not with them, as you smear them and call them names.<<<

WRONG! I have REPEATEDLY posted that “dialogue” and your dialectic are perfectly fine for those who want to live under that paradigm. I see no need for it nor is it morally acceptable to force people to live as I say they should, even if I do happen to be part of a majority. YOU are welcome to this worldview as are those who don't mind being ruled by engineered consensus of mini gods posing as social "scientists". We have seen the dismal results of 100 plus years of social theories and "helping".

What a rant

Misses the point so many times it can't be answered without taking hours I don't have.

Enjoy your insult and hate festivals here. Thanks to you, the new reason the education forum is here, so you can vent, insult and misunderstand every word that's written.

Labeling my response a "rant" does not free you of the responsibility of refuting it.

....you can't so you call it a "rant" to attempt to marginalize ME personally, instead. Leninist "debate" tactics, yawn.

Re: Labeling my response a "rant" does not free you of the responsibility of refuting it.

First one would have to unravel all you've misconstrued and distorted in the original message. I don't have time for that.

I hope someday you overcome your penchant for pandiculating here - and likening my debate tactics to Lenin's.

You are marginalized. No one has to TRY to marginalize you.

Re: Labeling my response a "rant" does not free you of the responsibility of refuting it.

As I posted above.

Home | Underground History of American Education | History Tour | Bookstore
Newsletter / Discussion Board | Multimedia | Film: 4th Purpose | Retreat | Odysseus Group
About Us | Contact us | Links

© 2000-2001 The Odysseus Group
Suite 3W  295 East 8th Street  NY, NY 10009
Phone Toll Free: 888 211-7164   Fax: 212 529-3555
E-mail:info@johntaylorgatto.com

Site design by Exploded View