Home | Underground History of American Education | History Tour | Bookstore
Newsletter / Discussion Board | Multimedia | Film: 4th Purpose | Retreat | Odysseus Group
About Us | Contact us | Links | Discussion Forum Archive
Return to Website

The Odysseus Group's Education Debate & Discussion Forum

This forum has been created for you, so feel free to use it often to share your ideas, insights, and experiences from which we all can learn. Please note that we will remove postings if they: a) are not germane to the subject of education, b) are advertisements or sales pitches, c) contain profanity, obscenity, or comments that are insulting to readers.

The Odysseus Group's Education Debate & Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
read TTLH

You also might want to read Grace Lewellyn in The Teenage Liberation Handbook, something of an underground classic. She includes her own story, which starts out much like where you are right now--young and idealistic and wanting to be a teacher who does good, not harm. Anyway, you really need to read it if you are going to make an informed decision about your future.
Leslie in KY
ps my unschooled daughter just graduated from Stephens in Missouri. She has a talent with children and would like someday to do some sort of drama program work with kids, outside of the public school structure, of course. There are many avenues for helping children grow outside of the limitations of schools.
And I should add, I am a speech-language pathologist who absolutely will not work in the school system ever again-- and I will tell you that you will have even less freedom as a teacher than I had as a therapist (administration really doesn't give a rip about speech therapy so you do get left alone to a large degree).

Home | Underground History of American Education | History Tour | Bookstore
Newsletter / Discussion Board | Multimedia | Film: 4th Purpose | Retreat | Odysseus Group
About Us | Contact us | Links

© 2000-2001 The Odysseus Group
Suite 3W  295 East 8th Street  NY, NY 10009
Phone Toll Free: 888 211-7164   Fax: 212 529-3555
E-mail:info@johntaylorgatto.com

Site design by Exploded View