Home | Underground History of American Education | History Tour | Bookstore
Newsletter / Discussion Board | Multimedia | Film: 4th Purpose | Retreat | Odysseus Group
About Us | Contact us | Links | Discussion Forum Archive
Return to Website

The Odysseus Group's Education Debate & Discussion Forum

This forum has been created for you, so feel free to use it often to share your ideas, insights, and experiences from which we all can learn. Please note that we will remove postings if they: a) are not germane to the subject of education, b) are advertisements or sales pitches, c) contain profanity, obscenity, or comments that are insulting to readers.

The Odysseus Group's Education Debate & Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Come back Jerry

I'm sorry I was late , responding to your post. You wrote just tickedy fine. I can imagine your Moms' frustrations , been there done that, which is one reason we started home educating our crew.

Hopefully you come back, seems there's a bored/boring troll who gets he/her jollies out of insulting people AGAIN

When I first came here someone or two mentioned that we shouldn't feed the trolls or they keep coming back. It was a good piece of advice

Have a wonderful Christmas, hope to see you in the New Year

Co-dependency enablers

Jerry was weak. He needs to work on Jerry, and then perhaps he could realize that people ought to help themselves. Many of the same people that worry about everyone else are most guilty of being out of control.

This site has just as many Academic enablers as the school systems.

"A taste for irony has kept more hearts from breaking than a sense of humor for it takes irony to appreciate the joke which is on oneself."

Warm Regards,

M.

Re: Co-dependency enablers

Mugato, it appears that you are purposely dodging the issue here.

Jerry was participating in a discussion just as everyone else here is supposed to do. Instead of contributing to the discussion you chose to criticize Jerry for something that wasn't even an issue.

So you, mugato, was the one who made an issue out of absolutely nothing...Jerry defended himself and you then chose to further add to the fire by harping on him for that as well.

I really don't know what your problem is Mugato but I bet it's really difficult to pronounce.

Re: Co-dependency enablers

>>>>  Jerry was weak.<<<<

So you perceived Jerry as "weak" and singled him out for attack. The weaknesses you attacked him for are superficial and easily corrected. But instead of being helpful or supportive you attack, like a predator watching for the vulnerable. Just like the "blackboard jungle".

>>>>> He needs to work on Jerry, and then perhaps he could realize that people ought to help themselves.<<<<<<

Jerry understood the problem but was not able to articulate it to your satisfaction. He is definitely on the correct path but you see this as a bad thing, "needing work". No one is saying that people ought not help themselves, that is what this site is all about, teaching yourself, teaching your own children and not blindly trusting others simply because you are told to.

>>>> Many of the same people that worry about everyone else are most guilty of being out of control.<<<<

Example, please.

>>>>This site has just as many Academic enablers as the school systems.<<<<

Ludicrous smear and obviously untrue.

>>>>>>>"A taste for irony has kept more hearts from breaking than a sense of humor for it takes irony to appreciate the joke which is on oneself."<<<<<

You should know about irony. Our government school system trains kids to dependence and weakness, deferral to experts and groupthink. It does not teach people to "help themselves" at all. The joke IS on you.

Home | Underground History of American Education | History Tour | Bookstore
Newsletter / Discussion Board | Multimedia | Film: 4th Purpose | Retreat | Odysseus Group
About Us | Contact us | Links

© 2000-2001 The Odysseus Group
Suite 3W  295 East 8th Street  NY, NY 10009
Phone Toll Free: 888 211-7164   Fax: 212 529-3555
E-mail:info@johntaylorgatto.com

Site design by Exploded View