Bravenet Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: DSM3102 - Female Ranger

Hi there.

Sorry to hear about the spear from Caldwell Set # 1. I can get you out a replacement spear if you like. Just drop me an email via our Contact us Section of the site (it will come to me so no worries).

Most of our models are multiple part miniatures as this opens up more interesting/dynamic posing. This of course is due to the constraints of the mold making and casting process. Many gamers RPG, Wargamers, etc - do collect and use our models. However, we are also geared towards the collector/modeler type of miniature enthusiast.

The other option for you/your gaming group are the bendy prepainted plastic minis that have been around for many years or minis like Reaper Bones that come bare plastic with some bend to it, but take paint easily and paint up nicely. These minis are more geared towards gamers vs. modelers/collectors and can get knocked around on a tabletop and shoved into a box no worries. From your comments about putting our miniatures together and knocking them around on your table, these might prove to be better options for you than our own pewter minis.

Thanks

Jim
www.DarkSwordMiniatures.com

Re: DSM3102 - Female Ranger

Thanks for the reply Jim.

On the Spear; I now have a set of drill bits again and should be able to get it drilled and replaced with wire. Because lets face it sending the part to a remote part of Australia is not likely to work too well. Thanks for the offer to replace though.

On the multipart thing; it is less that they are multipart than that I cannot reliably find out which ones are multipart without buying them. Miniatures that are shown in your store as single piece miniatures (Cocky Dragon Knight) turn out to be multipart and so on.

If I could know if they are multipart before I buy I might buy more, at worst I would be making an informed decision and not get frustrated by the arrival of multipart models that seemed to be single pieces.

Regards
John