Bravenet Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Masterwork Lines?

WIth so many great artist out there, there seems to still be a lot of material underrepresented in the miniature field. WIth Dark Sword's proven track record with some of the greats, are there any plans to expand that coverage to other artists in 2012?

Re: New Masterwork Lines?

Hi Joe!

Not at this time. We have so much awesome artwork from the Fab 4 to get through and we also have the GRRM license to keep rocking on as well. Throw on top of this our general Vision in Fantasy line with the adventurer types and the critters and we have more source material than sculpting time right now. Make no mistake though - I am a HUGE fan of a bunch of other artists out there - it is simply something I do not have the bandwidth to take on at this time. 2012 will be our biggest year yet with new releases so buckle up and stay tuned....

thanks!

Jim
www.DarkSwordMiniatures.com

I was afraid of that. There is only so much awesome that can be produced. Your lines tend to have a great... respect for the source material which is why I'd love to see Dark Sword handling more artist based material but with Games of Thrones riding high and mighty it is an excellent time to be a fan of the series and of miniatures.

Was there a particular artist you were thinking of?

Jim
www.DarkSwordMiniatures.com

Raymond Swanland from over at http://www.raymondswanland.com/Pages/Title01.html I think the Black Company and perhaps some WoTC novels were my introduction to his art.

Frank Frazetta.