Bravenet Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sept 10: Painting (and Gaming) in Knoxville, TN

I am one of the painters for Dark Sword Miniatures, Rhonda Bender. I will be running a paint and take table at Three Rivers Con in Knoxville, Tennessee on September 10, 2011. Everything you need to paint is provided, including some wonderful Dark Sword miniatures! And you keep the minis you paint!

Painters are also welcome to bring figures they’re already working on, use our supplies, and pick my brain about painting techniques. I’ll be there to share all the techniques and tips I’ve put together for the classes I give at ReaperCon and Gen Con on topics such as painting skin, hair, transparent cloth, source lighting, painting smoothly and whatever else I know. I’ll even have a few of my class handouts available.

Beginners, army painters, Demon winners – anyone who wants to come out and paint is welcome! Children are also welcome, but must be accompanied by a parent. I have some larger plaster figures available for younger kids to paint.

The convention also includes games! There are a number of role-playing games planned, including several editions of Dungeons and Dragons, Pathfinder and Call of Cthulhu. The local board gaming group is bringing all kinds of board games (including recent Gen Con releases) and will be on hand to teach them. Other events include a Magic tournament and a silent auction (bring your old gaming materials to sell!).

For more information on Three Rivers Con, check this page - http://forums.knoxgamers.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19725. If you’d like to see the games that are scheduled, take a look at the Warhorn link on that page, which is being updated regularly as we lead up to the Con.